Since 2015 The Open Stage Berlin has been filming music. We film intimate sessions with your favorite artists always in different locations.
Showing you the city and the artist, We would like to share with you this chronicle of the music scene of berlin.
Picture South African indie songstress Alice Phoebe Lou singing of love and sorrow in an old empty brewery. Elsewhere, an abandoned swimming pool in Neukölln resonates with the percussive sound of Israeli musician Ben Dagovitsch. On Tempelhofer Feld, Berlin locals Ohrbooten can be found beating away the rainclouds with their drums. It is images such as these through which THE OPEN STAGE BERLIN documents Berlin’s thriving music scene. The aim: to capture the spirit of the people and the places that embody the soundtrack of our city, to promote musicians, and to provide a platform that showcases great Berlin music – all free of charge.
THE OPEN STAGE BERLIN has created over 200 videos depicting artists from all nations playing all genres of music - singing, playing, and mixing tracks in peddle-boats, greenhouses, photo-booths and old factories – always live and without an audience. Users from all over the world visit our website daily, free of charge, without registration or advertisements.
Auszeichnungen / Förderungen:
- “Yourturn 2015” Medien Board, Endemol und Youtube competition.
- Funded by Music Board Berlin GmbH „Karriere Sprungbrett - neue Staffel von Videos mit Berliner Musiker-
- Funded by Goethe Institut / Centro Aleman Valencia Projekt: „The Open Stage Valencia“
- Support the independent /Jack Daniel´s Award. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6USeFAhh4
- Crowdfunding Prize: best Media Project / Projekt Zukunft
- Crowdfunding Kampagne 2015 Fördersumme: 15.000€ https://www.startnext.com/theopenstageberlin